No this is not a report with little information (ie mini), but instead a current report on the mini quilts that I have been working on since we returned from vacation. I was really happy to finish them and get them in the mail on time.
After a lot of pondering, I finally figured out what to add as my next round for the Modern Mini Mystery Round Robin piece that I had to work on this month. I tell ya, it wasn't easy. There were so many different ways I could have taken this and deciding which one was the right one was really difficult.
Now you didn't honestly believe that I was going to show you the entire thing, did you ? You wish! Sorry to disappoint you but only sneak peaks are allowed and this is all I'm sharing with you. The big reveal of all 32 the finished quilts in late October/early November is going to be really exciting.
Next on my to Do list are the Halloween See Saw blocks. If you remember, this was one of my center blocks.
I forgot to take a picture of it before I added the next round, but Julianne added the Orange and Black checkerboard border with the Purple cat cornerstones. Very cool.
To build on the bit of Purple she introduced, I next added the Purple and Black striped fabric and beyond that the Natural Ghastlie Bramble. The detail is hard to see in this picture so here is a better one of the recent additions.
I felt it with all the busyness of all the pieced parts so far, it needed a couple of thinner simple borders at this point. I can't wait to see what Julianne adds next.
For my other Halloween See Saw block, I did remember to snap a photo of what it looked like before I added to it.
Edy blew me away when I saw what she contributed. I just love it. The circles echo the circles on the gals cheeks. But then I was stumped. What in the world could I add next that would work well with what she had done? I was really worried that I wouldn't figure it out and would just add a plain border just to get it completed and out the door. Well...I'm happy to share that the light bulb went off in my noggin while driving the kidlets to camp and as soon as I got back home, I sketched it out and then ran with it. This is what I came up with.
Euphoria! I am jumping inside I am so happy with how this turned out. I didn't want to add a completely pieced border but adding just a few Flying Geese here and there worked perfectly. And you do notice that not all of them are pointing in the same direction, don't you? I sort of copied her plan of adding different borders to different sides, but went a bit askew and alternated which side got which border. I used the Ghastlie Crewel Mauve, a Black with tiny white polka dots from my stash, the fun Green and Black Harlequin, the Ghastlie Forest Natural and the Ghastlie Bramble Smoke.
These Mini Round Robins are turning out to be a whole lot more fun than I evern imagined they would be when I started them. I'm seeing more ideas and am attempting tons of things that I don't think I would have thought to try before. They are most definitely expanding my quilting brain ten fold. I can't wait for the next installment.
One commenter recently mentioned that she is having so much fun with it that perhaps I might consider hosting more like this in the future, maybe one for each holiday. Evidently she is hoping to have a table topper for each season. Even before she said it, I had already started conceiving the next incarnation of the Mini Round Robin so stay tuned. You won't want to miss it!