Monday, October 31, 2022

Ghastlies Table Runner - another Ghastlie finish

My second Ghastlie finish to share has also been a long waiting UFO. I created these blocks for the Wicked Blog Hop in October 2012.










































Since I'm trying to focus on getting projects actually finished, this one wasn't hard to get to the completed top stage and then it was added to the pile to get quilted.  I turned the blocks into a table runner for my long dining room table but it could just as easily become a skinny wall hanging if I so choose at some point.













Each of the family members got a narrow border to make the block pop and then a final outer border to bring them up to a 17 inch width. I tried to search up the names of the different characters but couldn't find them so if you know which family member is who, please let me know.











I chose the Gossamer panto and used So Fine Fern thread for both the top and the bobbin.































The backing is the same spider web print that I used for the other Ghastlie project.










I think it's just the right setting for my creepy candelabra, don't you?













There's a lot more Ghastlie fabric in my stash and one day I'll get around to using more of it but until then, at least I have these completed projects to add to my Halloween decor.

The Ghastlie Gals Wall Hanging - a Ghastlie finish

Today being All Hallow's Eve, it's the perfect time to share a recent finish.Way back....say 10 years ago this month, I hosted a couple of Halloween themed round robin type events though this particular one was back and forth between me and one other quilter, hence I called it a See Saw Swap.

My swap partner, Edy, didn't have a blog then and unfortunately I've lost contact with her in the years since but I'm still thankful to her for the fabulous additions she made to my quilt.

I started out with one of my favorite scenes from the fabric line, the center Ghastlie sisters, that I bordered with the black and white print and then off it was sent to Edy.  

When it returned, she had added the pink and green borders to the right and bottom and the black border with the appliqued circles to the top and left sides.













My next addition was the trees and brambles borders with a few Flying Geese blocks.



Next Edy added the skeletons and the braid borders.        





For my last contribution, half square triangles in Mauve, Green and Black were added. Edy added the final round and it was a great surprise when it made it back home for the last time.












Recently I made time to put it on the frame and get it finished.   

Here it is completed.  I've enjoyed looking at this quilt this season.  Who wouldn't?  It's the Ghastlies in all their glory! The finished wall hanging has been adorning the spot above the desk in the space between our kitchen and great room so I pass by it often every day. 

The sinister sisters are still keeping their beady eyes on the happenings around them and giving everyone that eerie look that they do so well.

I backed it with this black and white spiderweb print.

The panto I chose for this one was Parchment.  I used Glide Medium Gray thread on the top and Black thread in the bobbin. It was finished off with a binding in more of the Brambles print.

It only took 10 years for this UFO to get finished and sadly it's not my oldest UFO.  I'm just happy to finally have it done. 

I've got another Ghastlie finish to share to check back soon.