A number of people have asked me how I made my Ghastlie sewing machine cover. I'm so glad that I have inspired others to make covers for their sewing machines too.
I basically followed this tutorial by Vanessa of Crafty Gemini.
It was super easy to follow and I loved the results.
I had to make a few modifications for my version.
Yes I had to enlarge it quite a bit to enable it to encompass my extension table. My cover finished at 28" wide x 16" deep x 12" high.
Vanessa used fusible fleece to line her cover but I did it a bit differently.
I needed it overall to be a lot stiffer so that the extension table end wouldn't sag. I used a fabric lining and both the front fabric and the lining fabric had Pellon medium weight fusible interfacing added.
The additional bulk made it a little more challenging to sew but certainly not impossible, I just used my walking foot to sew all the layers together, and the extra stiffness was just right to keep the left side up properly.
For those of you that think I made this as a seasonal over you are soooooo wrong. I am beyond infatuated with the Ghastlies and this cover will be used year round on my Lucy.
The charms for the Kate Spain Charm Swap are coming in and by this time next week I should have a great picture of all the pretty charms to share with you. There already is a lot of interest in a Round 2 and that will definitely happen in late February/early March, dependent on when her new line comes out.
Those that know me well know that I can definitely be a tease at times,especially with hints about plans I have in the works. What I've got up my sleeve just for the kidlets is going to be great. The big announcement will be made on Monday so if you have some kidlets in your life, you won't want to miss it.
Whew! That is a lot of bits to catch up on.